Close Menu
East LA News
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
What's Hot

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Advertisment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
East LA NewsEast LA News
Monday, February 16
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
East LA News
Home»Local News

150 National Guards released from Los Angeles missions – NBC Los Angeles

By July 1, 2025 Local News No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

[ad_1]

Several members of the California State Guard were sent to Los Angeles last month in response to immigration enforcement protests, authorities said Tuesday.

In a statement, the U.S. Northern Command said 150 members of the Federal National Guard assigned to protect federal property and staff in Los Angeles will be released more than three weeks after arriving at the Trump administration’s order. In Los Angeles, the first security guards arrived on June 8th, revitalized around 4,100 National Guard and 700 Marines in Los Angeles after protesting against the Los Angeles and the Paramount community in Los Angeles County.

The release of the guard comes the day after the Associated Press reported that the top military commander in charge of the task force asked if the 200 could be returned to the wildfire struggle, two U.S. officials told the Associated Press. National Guard members perform a variety of duties, including helping to prevent wildfires and fight them through the rattlesnakes of the Joint Task Force.

“In the recommendation of General Gregory M. Guillott, US Northern Commander and approved by the Secretary of Defense, Task Force 51 will release approximately 150 members of the California State Guard from today’s federal protection mission,” the US Northern Command said in a statement. “USNORTHCOM and Task Force 51 are still properly sourced to implement federal protection missions.”

The revitalization of the National Guard in response to immigration enforcement protests has drawn opposition from local and state leaders, including Gov. Gavin Newsom and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass. Security guards are usually activated by the governor at the request of local leaders.

Royal Oaks, a NBC4 legal analyst, looks forward to the next showdown between California and the Trump administration. It will air in Los Angeles on Friday, June 20th, 2025.

The conflict led to an ongoing legal battle between California and the Trump administration. This claimed that there was an “invasion” where “immigrants enter the country” without legal permission. Last month, a panel of three judges said it was likely that the White House had legally utilised authorities when President Trump made the federal government a federal government without the governor’s consent.

The decision of the appeals court panel has halted the decision of a lower court judge who found President Trump illegally revitalised the military. Security members remain in LA as California lawsuits against the administration continue to unfold in court.

California claims it has diverted state resources that require National Guard use in LA. Because security guards fight forest fires, help stop drug trafficking and protect against cyber threats. Newsom and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass said the military is needed and local law enforcement can handle the situation.

Security guards are stationed primarily on federal property outside the federal jail in downtown LA, where local law enforcement agencies respond to the violence that occurred in downtown LA during an almost peaceful immigration enforcement protest.

Over 3,290 wildfires, which burned 97,000 acres, have been reported since the beginning of the year in California that hillsides are covered with dry brushes as the state enters hot summer months. Last year, at this point, Cal Fire reported 2,887 wildfires that burned more than 67,100 acres.

The five-year average for that period was 3,191 wildfires and 36,000 acres of burning.

[ad_2]
Source link

Keep Reading

Research reveals how fat cells fuel breast cancer tumors – NBC Los Angeles

Laptop Thief picked up the item using a fake ID, QR code – NBC Los Angeles

LA Order Long Valley Valley Plaza Mall Building Demolition – NBC Los Angeles

US citizens explain the detention by federal agents at Montebello Towing Yard – NBC Los Angeles

Palisades Fire Post-Reports to be held – NBC Los Angeles

Trump says the Smithsonian is too focused on “How bad slavery is” – NBC Los Angeles

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 30, 2024

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 29, 2024

PHOTOS: Best moments from the East LA Classic

October 29, 2024

Dodgers fans take them to the city of East Los Angeles

October 28, 2024
Latest Posts

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Recent Posts
  • John Abravanel Berdugo
  • Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)
  • Genissa Reyes (Queen G)
  • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was deported to Mexico on cartel bonds and suspected drug trafficking
  • Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Ads
Full-Width Advertisement
Advertisement
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

East LA News

  • About Us
  • Local History
  • Elected Officials
  • Sheriff Station
  • Education & Schools
  • Health & Wellness
  • Community Services
  • Community Events in East LA
  • Cultural heritage
  • Transportation & Freeways
  • Whittier Boulevard
  • Lowrider Culture
  • Local Businesses in East LA
  • Cities Around East LA
  • Homelessness in East LA
  • Gang violance
  • Cannabis in East LA
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

    © 2024 eastla.news All rights reserved | Designed & Hosted By TheDomain.Store | TV- Radio- News Platform

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.