Close Menu
East LA News
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
What's Hot

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Advertisment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
East LA NewsEast LA News
Sunday, February 22
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
East LA News
Home»LA Times

Newsom orders a parole board to assess the public safety risk of releasing the Menendez brothers

By February 26, 2025 LA Times No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

[ad_1]

Gov. Gavin Newsom investigates the parole board’s risk assessment investigation into whether Erik and Lyle Menendez, who are sentenced to life in prison for the murder of their parents in 1989, are released, pose a risk to public safety. He ordered to commence the defense attorney Mark Jelagos said Wednesday.

The move brings tolerance to the brothers who asked the court to have their case look again in a new sexual assault allegation that says supports the history of abuse by his father, Jose Menendez. It’s a step. Atty, Los Angeles County. Nathan Hochman said at a press conference last week that he opposed the brothers’ new trial.

“We hope they’ll be out in 2025,” Jelagos told The Times Wednesday.

The Governor’s office states that “the key considerations when evaluating commuting applications are public safety, the current risk level for applicants, the impact of commuting on victims and survivors, and the applicant’s self-development. He wrote in a letter to Jelagos that it was a “main consideration” including self-development and conduct since the crime. and if the applicant utilizes available rehabilitation programs to address treatment needs and mitigate risk factors for reattack. ”

According to the letter, the Board’s risk assessment will be made available to the courts and Hochman after the investigation is completed.

In addition to generosity, the brothers pursue two other means of potential freedom. This is a habeas-protection petition based on new evidence and resentment.

Habeasants petition filed on behalf of a brother in Los Angeles County Superior Court in 2023 is a new evidence, a 1988 letter sent to his cousin by Eric Menendez, and he abused him in his late teens. He claimed that allegations made by another man were abused. They directly challenged the prosecutors of the stories presented at the trial, saying they were raped by Jose Menendez, paving the way for their case to be reconsidered.

Hochman said last week he opposed granting his brother a new trial, saying that the murder was a matter of conviction, not a sexual abuse allegation. However, he stopped closing down the possibility of resentment to his brother, saying he would reconsider the issue in “the coming weeks.”

“Sexual abuse is abominable and we’ll prosecute sexual abuse,” Hochman said last week. “It may have been an incentive for Eric and Lyle to do what they did, but that doesn’t constitute self-defense.”

Newsom said he would not make a generous decision on the murder conviction until Hochman finishes reviewing the case.

The brothers’ 30 years in prison could be scrutinized as part of their appeal to freedom. Hochman has previously stated that before making a decision about resting, he should check not only criminal cases, but also the time behind the Menendez brothers prison files and bars. He also said he must question whether the brothers have been rehabilitated.

fellow inmates, lawyers and rehabilitation workers said they were deeply involved in the rehabilitation program, including launching their own projects to promote rehabilitation for inmates in California prisons.

[ad_2]
Source link

Keep Reading

SOCAL Trio of Weather Risks: Extreme Heat, Fire Risk, Thunderstorm

In the tragedy that silenced the legend of the soul

California plague incident thought to be caused by South Lake Tahonai

A LA student seized by immigration agents says they spoke about the $1,500 payment

LA delays Palisades fire report at federal officials’ request

Don’t eat these potentially radioactive shrimp, the FDA warns

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 30, 2024

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 29, 2024

PHOTOS: Best moments from the East LA Classic

October 29, 2024

Dodgers fans take them to the city of East Los Angeles

October 28, 2024
Latest Posts

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Recent Posts
  • John Abravanel Berdugo
  • Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)
  • Genissa Reyes (Queen G)
  • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was deported to Mexico on cartel bonds and suspected drug trafficking
  • Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Ads
Full-Width Advertisement
Advertisement
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

East LA News

  • About Us
  • Local History
  • Elected Officials
  • Sheriff Station
  • Education & Schools
  • Health & Wellness
  • Community Services
  • Community Events in East LA
  • Cultural heritage
  • Transportation & Freeways
  • Whittier Boulevard
  • Lowrider Culture
  • Local Businesses in East LA
  • Cities Around East LA
  • Homelessness in East LA
  • Gang violance
  • Cannabis in East LA
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

    © 2024 eastla.news All rights reserved | Designed & Hosted By TheDomain.Store | TV- Radio- News Platform

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.