The family of a 13-year-old boy who is dying in a ditch in Ventura County, reportedly was with his soccer coach when he disappeared over the weekend.
Oscar Omar Hernandez, a resident of San Fernando Valley, moved from Honduras to the US three years ago in search of a better life, but was reported missing on March 30, when he never returned from Lancaster.
His body was found Wednesday in a ditch in a ditch in a densely wooded area off Harbour Boulevard, Oxnard.
Sky5 was over as federal agents and investigators at the Los Angeles Police Department expel the area and forensic crime scene technicians prepare to wash the area for evidence.
Family members gather for a rally on the site where a boy (KTLA) reported that he was found missing on April 2, 2025. The gathering gathers where the 13-year-old boy was found missing. The missing person died on April 2, 2025. (KTLA) Body that matches the description of a teenage boy discovered on April 2, 2025 at Oxnard.
Oscar, a seventh grader at Sun Valley Magnet School, was an outstanding football player. His friend was held on Thursday’s alert to KTLA’s Sandra Mitchell, where his body was found.
“He was alive the last time he was here,” Oscar’s sister, Alejandra Hernandez, said in Spanish. “We came here because we found his body.”
The soccer coach is said to have been linked to a missing Southern California boy, 13.
Hernandez’s family claimed that the teenagers were with the Antelope Valley soccer coach at the time of his loss disappearance, and now they ask how their beloved son and brother’s bodies have become a ditch almost 70 miles from their home.
“We had that person in our house,” Alejandra said. “He helped us find Oscars. We didn’t expect him to do anything harm to him.”
A small altar with flowers, crosses, candles and teenage photographs marked where his body was found.
So far, the family has no idea how Oscar died and are waiting for a call from the Ventura County Coroner’s office.
Police proposed at a press conference Wednesday evening that some people were interested in the incident, but they did not identify any particular person and no additional information was released by investigators.
Source link