Close Menu
East LA News
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
What's Hot

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Advertisment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
East LA NewsEast LA News
Wednesday, February 18
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
East LA News
Home»US News

The Pentagon moves to launch a trans squad and finishes gender transition treatment

Artificial IntelligenceBy Artificial IntelligenceMay 12, 2025 US News No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

[ad_1]

According to a new memo, the Pentagon is immediately suspending all gender transition treatments as they move to remove all gender transition treatments from the military.

“We are directing that necessary steps should be taken to ensure that this guidance is implemented immediately,” Stephen Ferrara, deputy director of the Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, wrote in a memo dated May 9.

Currently, the pentagon only covers gender discomfort mental health and counseling. All other gender discomfort-related treatments are referred to the private sector.

All scheduled and planned transgender surgeries will be cancelled, but service members’ sex crosshormonal therapy, which has been started before the note, can continue until separation to prevent health complications.

Last week, the transgender forces were given between 30 and 60 days and risked being “unwillingly” removed.

Pete Hegses instructs the Military Academy that all future admissions are based solely on merits

Defense Secretary Pete Hegses gave the military a deadline last week for its segregation. (Allison Robbert/AFP/Getty Images)

Active service members will have them until they leave the military until June 6th, one month after the court’s ruling. The reserve will be held until July 7th.

The development follows an order from the Supreme Court that previously allowed the ban on transgender military service to advance.

The Supreme Court decision effectively suspends lower court injunctions and clears the way for the Department of Defense to implement policies. Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell said the ruling allows the department to resume policies focused on “military excellence and preparation prioritization.”

Defense Secretary Pete Hegses added in the memo that people diagnosed or diagnosed with symptoms consistent with gender discomfort may choose to leave voluntarily. Otherwise, you may face essential separations.

Pete Hegses says West Point, who resigned from overhauling Trump’s administration education, “don’t overlook”

President Donald Trump has directed Defense Secretary Pete Hegses to remove transgender forces from the military. (Getty Images)

The Supreme Court did not rule any fundamental legal arguments, but President Donald Trump’s January 27 executive order allowed transgender individuals to be enforced to prevent military service.

The lower courts temporarily blocked the policy, but Trump administration officials argued that delaying its implementation could undermine operational preparations.

Policy advocates say it supports the need for unity, preparation, discipline and cost-effectiveness of military units.

Trump’s executive order also directed the Pentagon to emphasize fighting preparations and modify healthcare standards to eliminate the use of gender identity-based pronouns within the department.

Click here to get the Fox News app

The blanket ban on transgender individuals serving in the military had previously been lifted in 2014 under President Barack Obama.

The latest policy shift comes as Pentagon leadership under Hegses continues to move to dismantle most diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. Last month, he said 99.9% of DEI-related policies had been removed. He also announced changes to fitness standards to ensure that men and women’s troops are kept to the same requirements for combat preparation.

[ad_2]
Source link

Artificial Intelligence

Keep Reading

Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Photo from the street: National Guard and DC protests

Texas and California clash over a congressional rezoning battle

La Mayor postpones fire report as Feds investigates Palisades Blaze

Nebraska acquires ice detention facilities known as the “Cornhuskirk Link.”

The entire boundary wall, painted black at the president’s request, says DHS lead.

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 30, 2024

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 29, 2024

PHOTOS: Best moments from the East LA Classic

October 29, 2024

Dodgers fans take them to the city of East Los Angeles

October 28, 2024
Latest Posts

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Recent Posts
  • John Abravanel Berdugo
  • Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)
  • Genissa Reyes (Queen G)
  • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was deported to Mexico on cartel bonds and suspected drug trafficking
  • Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Ads
Full-Width Advertisement
Advertisement
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

East LA News

  • About Us
  • Local History
  • Elected Officials
  • Sheriff Station
  • Education & Schools
  • Health & Wellness
  • Community Services
  • Community Events in East LA
  • Cultural heritage
  • Transportation & Freeways
  • Whittier Boulevard
  • Lowrider Culture
  • Local Businesses in East LA
  • Cities Around East LA
  • Homelessness in East LA
  • Gang violance
  • Cannabis in East LA
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

    © 2024 eastla.news All rights reserved | Designed & Hosted By TheDomain.Store | TV- Radio- News Platform

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.