Close Menu
East LA News
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
What's Hot

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Advertisment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
East LA NewsEast LA News
Wednesday, February 18
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
East LA News
Home»Local News

Former-LA Vice Mayor pleads guilty to false bomb threats – NBC Los Angeles

By June 16, 2025 Local News No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

[ad_1]

Former Los Angeles deputy mayor Brian K. Williams pleaded guilty Monday to federal charges related to the threat of a fake bomb that he went to city hall last year.

According to the US lawyers’ office, Williams has resorted to a single federal threat count in downtown Los Angeles, in downtown Los Angeles.

The verdict was scheduled for October 6th.

According to Williams’ legal agreement on October 3, 2024, while serving as Mayor Karen Bass’ deputy mayor of public safety, he called the chief of staff at the Los Angeles Police Department and falsely claimed that he had just received a bomb threat from an unknown man who was threatened with a bomb from the city hall to the city hall.

About ten minutes later, Williams texted Base and some high-ranking city authorities, saying, “Bomb Threat: I got a call on the city phone at 10:48am this morning. The male caller said, “He’s tired of Israeli city support and decided to put the bomb at city hall. I immediately contacted the LAPD Chief of Staff, they send many officers to
Do a search of the building and determine if anyone else has been threatened or not.”

“At this point, there is no need to evacuate the building. We don’t need to meet with threat managers within the next 10 minutes. We take this a little more seriously in light of the Jewish holidays,” Williams said.

LAPD officials responded to City Hall to investigate the threat reported by Williams. Police searched the building and found no suspicious packages or devices. Williams explained to police the threatening call he claimed he received, showing them a record of incoming calls displayed as blocked numbers on his city-issued mobile phone, saying it was an unknown man who conveyed the threat, a court paper shows.

In fact, the incoming call record was a call Williams placed himself from the Google Voice app on his personal phone, federal prosecutors said.

Williams had no intention of carrying out the threat that his judicial agreement filed in the state of Los Angeles federal court. His motivation behind the threat of a fake bomb has not been publicly stated.

Williams quietly retired from the city government in April, and before that, he was placed on administrative leave when the FBI began investigating the threat of a bomb.

“Like many, we were shocked when these allegations were first made. We are saddened by this conclusion,” Bass spokesman Zach Seidl said last month.

Williams joined Bass’ office in March 2023. He was tasked with working closely with key safety departments such as police, fire department, Los Angeles World Airport Police and emergency situations. Prior to his appointment, Williams served as executive director of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Private Monitoring Board for seven years.

Williams previously served as deputy mayor under Mayor James Hearn, where he was responsible for managing and overseeing the Department of Transport, Public Works and Information Technology Agency.

“Williams, the Vice Mayor of Public Security in Los Angeles, not only betrayed Los Angeles residents, but also betrayed the integrity of the office itself by creating a bomb threat,” said Akil Davis, assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office.

“Government officials are bound by elevated standards as we rely on them to protect the city. I’m relieved that Williams is responsible for his inexplicable actions.”

[ad_2]
Source link

Keep Reading

Research reveals how fat cells fuel breast cancer tumors – NBC Los Angeles

Laptop Thief picked up the item using a fake ID, QR code – NBC Los Angeles

LA Order Long Valley Valley Plaza Mall Building Demolition – NBC Los Angeles

US citizens explain the detention by federal agents at Montebello Towing Yard – NBC Los Angeles

Palisades Fire Post-Reports to be held – NBC Los Angeles

Trump says the Smithsonian is too focused on “How bad slavery is” – NBC Los Angeles

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 30, 2024

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 29, 2024

PHOTOS: Best moments from the East LA Classic

October 29, 2024

Dodgers fans take them to the city of East Los Angeles

October 28, 2024
Latest Posts

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Recent Posts
  • John Abravanel Berdugo
  • Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)
  • Genissa Reyes (Queen G)
  • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was deported to Mexico on cartel bonds and suspected drug trafficking
  • Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Ads
Full-Width Advertisement
Advertisement
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

East LA News

  • About Us
  • Local History
  • Elected Officials
  • Sheriff Station
  • Education & Schools
  • Health & Wellness
  • Community Services
  • Community Events in East LA
  • Cultural heritage
  • Transportation & Freeways
  • Whittier Boulevard
  • Lowrider Culture
  • Local Businesses in East LA
  • Cities Around East LA
  • Homelessness in East LA
  • Gang violance
  • Cannabis in East LA
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

    © 2024 eastla.news All rights reserved | Designed & Hosted By TheDomain.Store | TV- Radio- News Platform

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.