[ad_1]
Six Flags America is bidding farewell to the long-standing terror festival as the park will be permanently closed later this year before it enters its final fall season.
Park officials confirmed to KTLA 5 that Fright Fest will not return in 2025. According to WUSA9, this is the first Halloween event since 1999.
Although there are no scary fests this year, the Maryland-based theme park will focus on daytime family activities through a kids boofest running weekends from September 13th to November 2nd.
“We understand that change can be challenging at times and are deeply grateful for the support and enthusiasm of our guests,” the statement said.
To facilitate disappointment, the season’s pass holders were notified directly via email and offered free tickets to Fright Fest at the nearest six-brand park on New Jersey’s Six Flags Great Adventure.
Earlier this year, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation announced plans to close Six Flags America and its water park, Hurricane Harbor, at the end of the 2025 season.
The 500-acre property employs approximately 70 full-time associates. He said retirement packages and transition support will be provided through the end of operation on Sunday, November 2nd.
[ad_2]Source link