Close Menu
East LA News
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
What's Hot

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Advertisment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
East LA NewsEast LA News
Friday, February 20
  • Home
  • East Los Angeles
    • Health
    • Politics
      • US Senate News
    • Crime
      • LAPD News
      • LASO News
  • East LA Media
    • Chicano Power TV
    • East LA TV
    • Pachuco TV
    • Zoot Suit TV
    • Flokrico TV
    • Blaze It TV
    • East LA Radio.FM
    • Mariachis TV
    • Imapala For Sale
    • Chicano TV | Chicana TV
    • Chicano PhD
    • Chicano Comedy
  • Local News
  • Southern California
  • Other News
    • On The Tira News
    • LA Times
    • LA Weekly
  • Rehab
    • Discharge TV
    • Probation TV
    • Lifer TV
    • Parolee TV
  • Chicano Power TV
  • Contact Us
    • Advertise Here
    • Submit News
East LA News
Home»US News

Hegseth used the second signal chat to share details of the Yemen strike, the report says

Artificial IntelligenceBy Artificial IntelligenceApril 21, 2025 US News No Comments4 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

[ad_1]

According to the report, Defense Secretary Pete Hegses shared details about Iran-backed hoosies in Yemen against Iran-backed hoosies.

The New York Times first reported a second signal chat revelation surrounding Sunday’s military strike. These same attack plans were shared in another chat with leaders of top administrations last month after Atlantic Editor-in-Chief Jeffrey Goldberg was accidentally added to the group.

The Pentagon pushed the story back, with White House press secretary Caroline Leavitt telling “Fox and Friends” that President Donald Trump was standing by Hegses.

The second chat has the same fighter startup time included in the first chat, and if shared before the strike, it could put the pilot at risk, which was said by several former and current officials.

Four people with second chat knowledge said the chat included his brother Phil, Fox News producer Jennifer, Hegseth’s wife, and his personal lawyer, Tim Parlatore.

NSA Microphone Waltz is responsible for signal chat leaks

Defense Secretary Pete Hegses will speak in Washington at a meeting with El Salvador’s Minister of Defense Rene Merino Monroy at the Pentagon on Wednesday, April 16th, 2025. (AP Photo/Nathan Howard)

Jennifer Hegzes is not an employee of the Department of Defense, but she traveled with her husband overseas for a meeting with foreign leaders. Both Phil Hegseth and Parlatore are employed in the pentagon. It is unclear why any of them should be informed of future military strikes.

The second chat included 13 people. A person familiar with the issue spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity. They also confirmed that the chat was called “defense” team huddles.

Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell dismissed the report as “another old story, back from the dead.”

“The media that hates Trump continues to be obsessed with destroying those who have committed to President Trump’s agenda,” Parnell said. “This time, the New York Times and all the other fake news that repeats the garbage, eagerly incorporates the complaints of a dissatisfied former employee as the sole source of the article.”

Axed Pentagon Aides claimed their characters were “demeaning” and a bit more details were shared about the leak investigation

Parnell argued that the Times sources were those fired from the Pentagon last week and “appears to have the motivation to interfere with the secretary and the president’s agenda.”

Parnell claimed there was no classified information in the signal chat. This is the answer that Heggs previously argued about his first chat.

The White House similarly dismissed the report as “non-class,” suggesting that a disgruntled former Pentagon employee is spreading false claims.

“No matter how many times legacy media attempts to revive the same non-story, we cannot change the fact that the categorized information is not shared,” said White House assistant reporter Anna Kelly. “The recently fired ‘leaks’ continue to misrepresent the truth to ease their crushed ego and undermine the president’s agenda, but the administration continues to hold their accountable. ”

Pentagon Power Struggle Week: Heggs’ Inner Ring to Hit Leak Fallout and Crying Match

Former Pentagon spokesman John Ulley, who announced last week that he would resign without relevance to Leaks, wrote an opay on Sunday detailing what he called the “Moon from Hell” within the agency.

“President Donald Trump has a strong record to explain his top officials, and given that, it’s hard to see Defense Secretary Pete Hegses remained in his role for so long,” Uriot wrote.

He wrote that “this building is in disarray under Hegses’s guidance,” after following the horrifying crisis and communication advice from “his new public relations team” on the first signal chat.

Uritt wrote that Trump “deserves better from his senior leader.”

The first chat set up by national security adviser Mike Waltz included several cabinet members. The content of that chat, published by the Atlantic, shows that Hegses listed the timeline of Iran-backed attacks on the Houssis in Yemen last month.

Click to get the Fox News app

The second chat group’s revelation has led to new criticism of Hegseth and President Donald Trump’s broader administration.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

[ad_2]
Source link

Artificial Intelligence

Keep Reading

Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Photo from the street: National Guard and DC protests

Texas and California clash over a congressional rezoning battle

La Mayor postpones fire report as Feds investigates Palisades Blaze

Nebraska acquires ice detention facilities known as the “Cornhuskirk Link.”

The entire boundary wall, painted black at the president’s request, says DHS lead.

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 30, 2024

Urban nature of eastern LA

October 29, 2024

PHOTOS: Best moments from the East LA Classic

October 29, 2024

Dodgers fans take them to the city of East Los Angeles

October 28, 2024
Latest Posts

John Abravanel Berdugo

August 21, 2025

Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)

August 20, 2025

Genissa Reyes (Queen G)

August 20, 2025
Recent Posts
  • John Abravanel Berdugo
  • Gabriel Ricardez (GMONEY)
  • Genissa Reyes (Queen G)
  • Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was deported to Mexico on cartel bonds and suspected drug trafficking
  • Texas Republicans move forward with plans to make plans after Democrats return home

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

Ads
Full-Width Advertisement
Advertisement
Ad
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

East LA News

  • About Us
  • Local History
  • Elected Officials
  • Sheriff Station
  • Education & Schools
  • Health & Wellness
  • Community Services
  • Community Events in East LA
  • Cultural heritage
  • Transportation & Freeways
  • Whittier Boulevard
  • Lowrider Culture
  • Local Businesses in East LA
  • Cities Around East LA
  • Homelessness in East LA
  • Gang violance
  • Cannabis in East LA
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

    © 2024 eastla.news All rights reserved | Designed & Hosted By TheDomain.Store | TV- Radio- News Platform

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.