Authorities arrested six teenagers and one 23-year-old boy were suspected of a damaging graffiti war between rival crime-street gangs in Thousand Oaks rivals.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday that arrests were made during the course of a total effort between various law enforcement agencies during March.
The sheriff’s office said last month that graffiti vandalism has increased among rival street gangs, and graffiti vandalism has increased among thousands of dollars in damages.
“The graffiti includes multiple areas of the city, resulting in a total of over $5,000 damage,” the release states.
Details were limited, and staff did not immediately provide further information if the type of graffiti seen or any structure or location of any kind were targeted.
Officers from the East County Special Enforcement Division of the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, the Thousand Oaks Command and Executive Unit, the Moore Park Special Enforcement Unit, and the Thousand Oaks Spatrol Service participated in the project.
The integrated personnel and resources were able to identify and arrest seven suspects on charges of graffiti vandalism and participation in a gang as per the crime.
Officials said two adults had been booked at the Ventura County Former Detention Facility. They were identified as 18-year-old Cesar Gonzalez and 23-year-old Jocelyn Lopez, 23, of Moore Park, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The other suspects were identified as 13 years old, two 16 years old, two 17 years old, and 100 male oak residents.
Officials said four juveniles were filed at the Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facility and released by their parents on a written promise that one juvenile would appear in court.
The Thousand Oaks Police Department said it would call 911 or non-emergency line 805-654-9511 and encourage citizens to immediately report suspicious people and vehicles.
“If you see something, say something,” urged the department. “The reporting party may remain anonymous.”
Source link