Advertisements

[ad_1]

A South Los Angeles serial robbery suspect who allegedly smashed out a victim’s teeth with a gun faces the possibility of life in federal prison after a nearly month-long crime spree, U.S. Department of Justice officials said Thursday. Announced.

O’Shea Pollard, 21, of the Manchester Square neighborhood of Los Angeles, targeted victims in parking lots and attacked at least three victims between August 25 and September 22, Justice Department prosecutors said in a news release. He was charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of attempted robbery.

In a brutal robbery outside the Hustler Casino in Gardena on August 25, a 21-year-old man allegedly pushed a woman to the ground as she screamed for help and tried to steal her wallet.

Prosecutors said Pollard pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and shoved it into the victim’s mouth, breaking a tooth, before saying things like, “If you yell at me again, I’m going to kill you.”

When witnesses to the robbery began screaming, Pollard grabbed the victim’s purse and fled in his car, taking between $1,000 and $2,000, public documents detailed.

In the early morning hours of August 26, the 21-year-old accomplice robbed a taxi driver as he sat in his car outside Winchell’s Donut House in Carson. The driver was beaten and held at gunpoint until he surrendered his wallet and cell phone.

White supremacist gang member charged with murder in Southern California

That same night, the two clashed again outside the Fashion Island Shopping Center in Newport Beach.

They approached the two victims, who were standing near a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari, and demanded cash and jewellery. The Rohr family’s owner handed over his car keys, luxury watch and wallet.

“As the other victim started the Ferrari and attempted to leave, Pollard ran to the Ferrari’s driver’s door and fired one shot from his pistol into the vehicle, narrowly missing the victim,” prosecutors said. said. “The victim drove to a nearby gas station and asked the gas station attendant to call police, who subsequently recovered one 9mm shell casing from the scene.”

In total, Pollard and his accomplices made off with $44,000 in property from the two victims.

About three weeks later, on September 22, at the South Coast Plaza shopping mall in Costa Mesa, a 21-year-old boy approached the man as he tried to get into a parked car, demanded his property and assaulted him again.

Woman arrested for using racial slurs on LAX bus says ‘brain injury’ was partly the cause

“When the victim did not respond, Pollard shot the victim in the left hand, pointed the gun at the victim’s chest and said, “You’re dead,” prosecutors said. “Pollard then shot the victim in the left thigh as he tried to remove his watch.”

While he had been shot twice, the victim kicked Pollard, and the victim kicked him repeatedly, causing Pollard to fall to the ground.

“The acts of violence alleged in this complaint shock the conscience,” said U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada.

The 21-year-old eventually fled the scene in a Kia Forte. Fortunately, the victim survived despite sustaining gunshot wounds.

Mr. Pollard was taken into custody on December 4 and charged with robbery and obstruction of commerce by use of a firearm in furtherance of a violent crime.

If convicted as charged, he could face up to life in prison.

[ad_2]
Source link

Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version